Prof. Xiaomi An
Member since year: 2016
Professor of Records, Knowledge and Information Resources Management
School of Information Resources Management, Renmin University of China, Beijing, China
Xiaomi An is Professor of Records, Knowledge and Information Resources Management at Renmin University of China. She received her PhD in Records, Archives and Information Management from the University of Liverpool, UK. She is Leader of Information Resources Management Team at Key Laboratory of Data Engineering and Knowledge Engineering (Renmin University of China), Ministry of Education; Leader of International Research Front Team of the Electronic Records Management Research Center, Renmin University of China; Leader of Big Data and Information Governance Team at the Smart City Research Center, School of Information Resources Management at Renmin University of China. She was winner of the 2008 Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University, Ministry of Education; Fulbright research scholar of University California, Los Angeles September 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013; Distinguished Visiting Scholar Award of University of Sheffield’s Information School February 7 to 21, 2016. Xiaomi An has published over 220 academic papers, author or editor-in-chief 19 books, given 32 English presentations at international conferences. She was chair of 38 projects and received 21 academic awards.
Areas of Interest/Expertise
Research: Knowledge management concepts and methodologies, Knowledge management strategies and enablers, Development and implementation of KM solutions to collaborative innovation community capacity building, Big data governance and knowledge services
Teaching: Knowledge Management (BA course in English), Knowledge Management Methods and Technologies (MA course), Advanced Topics in Knowledge Management, Advanced Topics in Big Data Governance, Selective Readings in Information Resources Management, Research Methods in Social Science and the Academic Standards (PhD course)
Professional Affiliations & Activities
Committee Member of ISO/TC46/SC11, ISO/TC 171/SC2& SC3, ISO JTCG F4 of ISO TMB, SAC/TC86/SC5
Deputy director of Collaborative Innovation Technical Committee of CFIP (China Federation of IT
Board Member, Council of China Information Economics Society
Editor board, Knowledge Management Forum, China Science and Technology Resources Review, Archival Studies
Programme Committee Member, ICICKM, ICMLG,ECSM
- An, et al. (2016) Information Resources Management: Terms and Concept Systems. Beijing, China Standards Publishing House.
- An, et.al. (2013) Knowledge Management: An Integrated Approach. Beijing, Renmin University of China Publishing House. (English version to Chinese version, by Ashok Jashapara)
- An, X. et al. (2012) Knowledge Management Methods and Technologies. Nanjing, Nanjing University Publishing House.
- An, X., Bai, W., Deng, H., Sun, S., Dong, Y., Zhong, W., Hu, J. (2015). A Comprehensive Concept Map for Adequate Protection and Effective Management of Personal Information in Networked Chinese Services. The Electronic Library, 33 (6): 1047 – 1064.
- Bai, W., An, X., Bai, X., Deng, H. (2015) A Knowledge Management Framework for the Community of Collaborative Innovation. Proceedings of the International Conference on Intellectual Capital, Knowledge Management & Organisational Learning (ICICKM 2015).
- An, X., Bai, W., Deng, H., Zhong, W. (2014). A knowledge management framework for the effective integration of archives resources in China. 2014 European Conference on Knowledge Management, September 4 to 5, Santarém, Portugal, Volume 1：47-54
- An,X., Deng, H., Chao, L., Bai, W. (2014).Knowledge management in supporting collaborative innovation community capacity building. Journal of Knowledge Management, 2014, 18 (3):574 – 590.
- An, X., Deng, H., Cao, L. (2013). Knowledge Management in Support of Collaborative Innovation Community Capacity Building, Proceedings of the 10th International Conference on Intellectual Capital, Knowledge Management and Organizational Learning. The George Washington University, Washing, DC, USA. 24-25 October 2013: 19-25.
- An X, Deng H, Wang Y, et al. (2013). An Integrated Model for Effective Knowledge Management in Chinese Organizations. Program: Electronic Library and Information systems, 47(3): 320-336.
- An, X. Xu, S., Mu, Y., Wang, W., Bai, X. Dawson, A., Han, H.(2012) Meta-synthetic support frameworks for reuse of government information resources on city travel and traffic: the case of Beijing. Program: Electronic Library and Information Systems, 2012, 46(1): 5-20
- An, X. Xu, S., Mu, Y., Wang, W., Bai, X. Dawson, A., Han, H. (2011) A meta-synthetic support system for reuse of government information resource on city travel and traffic: knowledge asset management approaches for Beijing. Proceedings of the 8th International Conference on Intellectual Capital, Knowledge Management & Organisational Learning, Bangkok University, Thailand, October 27 to 28, 2011, Volume one：33-41
- An, X., Dawson, A., Bai, X., Wang, W. (2010) Framework for managing national research project records as knowledge assets: Integrated use of lifecycle, continuum and ecosystem knowledge management methodologies. Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Intellectual Capital, Knowledge Management & Organisational Learning, November 11 to 12, Hong Kong: 37-46.